Monday, February 8, 2010

My kid was hit by a car in Corvallis

My daughter was hit by a car last Monday, Feb 1st. She was on her bicycle. she said she looked both ways before crossing,but a car came around the corner and hit her. She said she landed on the hood of the car driven by an OSU college student. She then landed on the street on the driver's side.
A man came out of a church and offered to call an ambulance. A student came out of his Frat house, and adminsitered first aid. Her head and hand were bleeding. The impact bent the bicycle handle and knocked the chain off, so the bike was no longer ridable.
My daughter suffered a concussion, and is still not able to think clearly.
She could not think, nor could she talk much. She went to class and was not able to understand a thing.
Other students in her class got her to go to OSU student health, where they treated her and bandaged up her hand, putting her fingers in a splint.
The same afternoon in Corvallis, a truck came around a corner, and hit a baby carriage. The baby died.
The driver of the car wanted my daughter to sign a document stating that it was my daughter's fault, and not the driver's fault in this accident. I told my daughter not to sign it, and that it is the driver's fault, and not her's nor was it the baby's fault. It is aways the driver's fault.

I feel selfish, but I thank God that if a kid was to die in a car accident in Corvallis that afternoon, I thank God that my daughter is alive. I feel sorry for the baby. I am so grateful that mine is safe.

No comments: