Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lake Oswego, Oregon

I love Lake Oswego. It's a quaint town just south of Portland. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to get to downtown Portland from here, but I'm happy just hanging out here around the lake. Lake Oswego is bounded by hills on both the north and south sides and by the Willamette River on the east side. On the west, it is bounded by I-5, the main interstate freeway that shuttles travelers through from California to Washington on their way up to Vancouver, British Columbia.

Lake Oswego is the only lake in the Portland Metropolitan area. It was historically a weekend get away spot for the wealthy Portlanders who built homes or cottages on or near the lake. This is why there are so many cottages here. Some of them have been very well kept. Others are treated like vacation rentals - now just regular home rentals, and some are in a sad state of disrepair.

I've been living here since my kids started kindergarten. I lived in a number of apartments around the lake before buying my own home. In this blog, I hope to take you on a tour of this quaint little town, that we locals so dearly love.

No comments: